Emailer-Talk Discussion List (CONF 50) email@example.com
Claris Emailer (often stylized as Claris Em@iler) is a discontinued e-mail client for the classic Mac OS created by Fog City Software. It was bought and marketed by the Apple Inc. spin-off Claris. In addition to internet email, it supported sending and receiving email to online services such as AOL, Applelink, Compuserve. It was the only third- party e-mail client licensed to directly access AOL e-mail. Additionally, it was one of the first commercial applications to support the Internet Config preferences management system. It had advanced e-mailing features for its time, such as automatic e-mail address completion, an intuitive address book, support for multiple signatures, and a scriptable interface. Many AppleScripts have been written that enhance Emailer and are available online. It was released both in a full and a lite version, and the latter was included for free in Mac OS 8. It remained a Mac-only software title until it was eventually killed by Apple in the late 90s. The last version, 2.0v3, was released in 1998, and the software title is no longer supported by Apple. Emailer continues to work in the Classic Environment running under Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger. To date an Emailer-Talk mailing list is still active offering advice to keep the software functioning.
- This is a subgroup of main.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.